Sunday, February 5, 2012

Digital Learning Day



A digital tool I could use in my site school for first grade can be Movie Maker | Xtranormal.
All you have to do is sign up with your email address, username, and password and you can use it for free. After that you can start creating as many animations as you want and publish them.
  • I think the students would really enjoy it if I could make up an animated story that goes along with what they are learning and make it part of my lesson plan. After watching it, I would ask questions about what they learned and discuss it.
         -or-
  •  I could make a movie of what I would say to them but have the characters in the movie teach them rather than me doing the explaining.
On Digital Learning Day on February 1st, most of my teachers didn't really try to incorporate digital learning in their lessons. All that a few did was use the overhead projector to show us power points but that was pretty much it.


There are so many creative and fun to use web tools to help teach classrooms that I was surprised to see how very little some teachers actually use!

No comments:

Post a Comment