Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hire me, please!



Reading an article that talked about interview techniques made me think about my own weaknesses and strengths in an interview situation.


Some of my weaknesses might be:
1. Not elaborating enough on my answers because I am too nervous and therefore looking disinterested.
2. Arriving late to my appointment.


Some of my strengths would be:
1. Looking at the person in the eyes. I was taught since I was little to look at people in the eye when talking to them, specially with an adult.
2. Being nice and attentive.


I could overcome my weaknesses by trying to calm myself down, keeping a smile on my face, and copying their body language to hide how nervous I actually am. To arrive on time, I would need to start getting ready extra early and maybe even getting there five minutes before.
I could accentuate my strengths by keeping a warm position and an open posture.


I've never applied for a job before but I will soon and I certainly hope that this will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment