Sunday, April 8, 2012

Making Real World Connections


In an article from Edutopia, I learned that a school is making real world financial connections for their students. Doing so prepares them for their future and helps the students to make better decisions money-wise.

In my own years in school, I think that in math the teacher could have probably touched more on how we would exactly apply all of the equations we needed to learn in our daily life.  

I think the most useful subjects that I have taken have been Life Management Skills and Keyboarding class. In my Life Management Skills class I learned about relationships, how to finance a house, a family, etc. Keyboarding class helped me get more comfortable and faster with computers. This ability is needed and essential now days.

I feel okay about my ability to manage money and finances. I know that what I still don't know or need to learn on this matter, I'll learn from my parents.

I definitely think that I would feel more confidence in myself and on my ability to manage money if I had attended a school with a financial literacy curriculum.


No comments:

Post a Comment