Sunday, May 6, 2012

Only Three More Monday's!!



With only three more Monday's to go, this year is almost finally over. It's amazing the progress that I have seen myself make this year as a teacher intern at Hardeman Elementary School.

 I can still remember those first few days where I felt so nervous being around the kids and my mentor. I dreaded every time my mentor asked me to do the Calendar Wall with the class. My hands would start to shake and I would get as red as a tomato...but that soon stopped once I got a hold of myself and started to get used to doing it everyday that I went.

I was surprised when I saw myself in a video presenting a lesson plan to my first graders this last semester. I no longer talked in a quiet voice, stuttered, or flushed red. I looked confident...and well, like a teacher.  

I'm glad I was able to have this experience this year. It showed me that being a teacher can be hard work but can also be very rewarding in the end. Hopefully becoming a teacher will be the right choice for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment