Friday, December 2, 2011

American Teacher

 The movie American Teacher gave me a whole different point of view on teaching.  It shocked me to see that so many schools districts have a small income. Most can't even pay their teachers the money needed for materials used in class . I had always heard my teachers complain that they didn't get paid enough but I never realized it was this bad.   


 I think what was causing most of the teachers in the video frustration was having to stay after school everyday for hours just to get things done but still getting paid a crummy amount of money. Some had to get second jobs to be able to support their families economically and that put even more stress on them.


 I really don't think conditions could improve with out an increase in money. Something should be done about this as soon as possible. Teachers at least deserve that much. 







No comments:

Post a Comment