Friday, October 21, 2011

My First Week as a Teacher


 I'm an intern at Hardeman Elementary School in Haltom City, Texas.  My mentor teacher is Mrs. Hartman. I'm with her for Reading and Math in first grade.


                                                                A picture of the school:

   For my first day at my site school I was very excited, but also extremely nervous. When I knocked on the classroom's door no one was there. I found out they were having recess outside so I went to meet my teacher. I introduced myself and liked her right away. She was very nice, she explained to me the kids' schedule, and also told me about herself. Later back in the classroom, I introduced myself to my new class using the poster I had made for them about me. The kids immediately started asking questions and reacting to the little facts I had shared with them about me. Interacting with them was even more adorable than what I had imagined. 
They were all very engaged in participating in their activities. They would ask for hugs every five minutes and well i just really enjoyed spending time with them. Seeing how Mrs. Hartman handled everything really impressed me. I really hope I can learn a lot from this experience. I also hope to get to know the kids better and to be able to help them with whatever they need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment